Thursday 15 August 2013

La tournée de Taiwan 2013 : Xin Beitou

Reached  Xin Beitou by MRT.  Still wondering why the MRT from Beitou to this station was moving slower then other MRT.

  


Walking along the road towards the hot spring under the hot and scorching sun. The surrounding was extra hot, may be due to the steam from the hot spring somewhere near.





The hot spring looked like any other streams, but today, the water was muddy.  I walked down to the side, touched the water, yes, it was hot.  

 I went into the water.  Soaked my injured, tired knee due to over walking to the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial. As I stepped into the water, miraculousy the pain has gone,  at least very much lessen. Seemed that the hot spring do has healing power.
 thought I could see this
 and this..... 





This noodle could well be the best ever beef soup noodle I have ever eaten.  The restaurant 食面埋伏(literally translated as "noodle ambush") is just in front of the Xin Beitou MRT station across a road.  Boasting that the beef is actually imported from Australia.  The beef was tender and the soup that goes with it was delicious. They have many varieties on the menu. I  ordered the double boiled soup noodle.(清炖牛肉面)They served a large variety of side dishes.  I set my eyes on three, my all time favourite.... the pig large intestines, a dish of bamboo shoots and a dish of seaweed. The whole meal cost TWD210. The best part was you can drink their tea either hot or cold  for free.  After a walk under the hot scorching sun around the hot spring, this was really what I needed. The restaurant's ambience was  nice...fully air-cond, clean and cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment